2. Have you taken the time to mourn and give thanks for your old life? Have you rushed too quickly into the excitement of your new journey? Even if it was time to leave it, your old life gave you great gifts (even if they were laced with pain). Have you taken time to say goodbye and thank you?
3. Have you been sitting and simmering in stress for so long that it now feels normal? Is it time for you, like the proverbial frog in boiling water, to notice that a boiling pot is no place to live?
4. It’s said that we don’t fear change, but the loss and letting go that comes with change. What are you not letting go of? Are there other ways that benefit could be achieved if there were a change?
5. Are you the one who needs to be more gentle with yourself? Is it time to forgive yourself for the mistakes that were made in the past?
6. Is it possible that emergence from pain requires you figuring out its gift? Is it possible that instead of asking, “How do I escape?” you need to first ask “What is Life trying to get me to see?”
7. What if we become beautiful only by helping others find their beauty?
8. What if we become free only by helping others find their freedom?
9. Who is behind your mask, longing to come out and be seen?
10. What if Life isn’t trying to get us to transform into something new or better? What if it simply wants us to emerge into the awareness that we are already enough?
(Curated and adapted for KUF from the 2018 Soul Matters materials for the theme ‘EMERGENCE’ by Rev. Beckett Coppola.)